Winter break is normally a peaceful time at the university, especially during a blizzard. So it shocked everyone when they found the dean murdered at his desk. Thanks to an empty campus, there are no witnesses and police have little to go on. With the police stymied, and hoping to wrap up the investigation before students return for the spring semester, the president of the university has turned to the Franciscan Brothers of Investigation for help.
Jovial and mild mannered Brother Francis arrived on the scene to find a jealous mistress, a clever drug dealer, a disappointed researcher, and a mortally insulted professor on his short list of suspects. Did one of them do the other three a huge favor? Or was it someone else entirely?
Perfect for fans of Ellis Peters and Dorothy L. Sayers!
The Dean Died Over Winter Break by Christopher Lansdown is the first mystery novel from Silver Empire. I think you’ll agree that Lansdown’s investigator-monks in this old-school cozy mystery hearken back to the likes of Brother Cadfael and Father Brown. Three time Dragon Award nominee Declan Finn calls it, “A cozy so old school, you expect Lord Peter Wimsey to walk into a scene, with behavioral analysis that would make Father Brown or Philo Vance happy.” But don’t take our word for it. Here’s what readers have to say:
- “It was very difficult to put down the book and not read, read it until the last page!” – Keti
- “If you’re a fan of Brother Cadfael, you’ll like this novel.” – Borderbumble
- “It’s well worth a read for any mystery fan just for the unique detectives. I’d love to see a sequel.” – Nigel
- “It is a quick and enjoyable read with interesting characters with whom I’d like to spend more time in the sequels.” – Alfred
- Author Christopher Lansdown Joins Silver Empire
- A Pius Man – BOOK REVIEW
- This is What SHIELD Is Supposed to Be
- A Stitch In Space
- Treasures of Dodrazeb: The Origin Key ADVANCE READER COPIES