After modern day paladin Peter Bishop and his friend Michael defeated the dragon over the skies of Athens, Georgia, it fled to Europe – with Peter’s girlfriend Faith in tow. Well, she’s a girl. And she’s his friend. And her stunning beauty doesn’t hurt.
Now Peter and his friends have tracked the dragon to France, where it’s living under a church and terrorizing the village. Can they slay the dragon, save the village, and rescue the girl before dawn?
Or will a wayward priest destroy everything they’ve fought for?
The Dresden Files’ Michael Carpenter collides with Larry Correia’s Monster Hunter International in this supernatural high-octane thrill ride!
I’m pleased to announce that Vigil, the latest installment in the Urban Fantasy world of Peter Bishop, is now available – and so far it’s been quite well received. But don’t take my word for it. Read for yourself what others have said:
- Imagine if the 80’s cult classic Big Trouble in Little China was actually Big Trouble under an ancient French Cathedral, and based off of Christianity rather than Chinese Buddhism. Then stop imagining it and pick up this book because it is exactly as hilarious as it sounds. – Catholic Reads
- Vigil is one part action flick, one part horror, one part fantasy, and all-parts fun. – Alex
- The pace doesn’t let up once the action begins, and the splitting of the scenes works very well. The romance and relationships are well crafted. Love the dragon and the gargoyles as well. – Alfred
- Non-stop action and surprises throughout. – Jan
- I read a LOT of sci-fi and fantasy. It takes a really good story to grab my attention and to hold it. I could. not. put. this. down. It engaged from the beginning and kept me there wondering what was next. This is only the second Newquist book I have read so far but there will be lots more. – Shugharz
I’m particularly pleased that Catholic Reads picked up on the Big Trouble in Little China similarities, as I literally had that movie in mind while writing the story. If you have half as much fun reading it as I had writing it, then you’re in for a great time.
Vigil is only $0.99 on Amazon through this Saturday, so you’ll want to pick it up now. It’s also free for Kindle Unlimited subscribers. If you missed the last installment, War Demons is also only $0.99 or free on Kindle Unlimited through Thursday.
Recommended reading order:
- War Demons – The Prodigal Son, book 1
- Knight of the Changeling – The Tales of Peter Bishop 2
- Spirit Cooking – The Prodigal Son, book 2 (Coming in 2018!)
- Who’s Afraid of the Dark? – The Tales of Peter Bishop 1
- Vigil: First Draft Complete
- Reader Praise for WHO’S AFRAID OF THE DARK?
- 30,000 words
- A Pius Man – BOOK REVIEW
- Silver Empire Updates