Mr. Niemeier gets points for zen. Astlin handled the Gelatinous Cube with poise and grace, and almost without noticing it.
Mr. Finn, as before, scores for lots of guns and explosions, as well as tying the scenario in to Amanda’s backstory.
As with round 1, round 2 was difficult to judge. In the end, however, this round must go to Mr. Finn – as Amanda was the only character to actually defeat the Gelatinous Cube, rather than ignore it.
Sadly, Mr. Niemeier has had to bow out of future rounds due to scheduling issues. Therefore, we leave this challenge the way we began: in a draw. Except that this draw is really a win for us, the readers, because both authors have provided us with excellent reading material.
- Authorial Gladiatorial Challenge: Round 1 Judging
- Author Gladiatorial Challenge: Round 2, Brian Niemeier
- Author Gladiatorial Challenge: The Second Challenge!
- First Annual Dragon Award Nominees Announced!
- 2017 Dragon Award Nominations