We’re closing in on a launch date for Silver Empire’s upcoming project, Lyonesse. We’ve combed through our first batch of submissions and found some really great stories. As of this morning, we have contacted every author we’ve received submissions from. If you haven’t heard back from us, check your spam folder. If there’s not a response there, we didn’t get your submission.
We’re working hard behind the scenes to get everything ready for a solid launch. Here are a few of the exciting things you can expect from this industry-changing project:
What’s In It For Readers?
- Low price point. You’re going to love how affordable it is.
- Support your favorite authors – not a big corporation. The vast majority of your money goes straight to the authors you love and read, not to one of the world’s largest corporations.
- Lots of new short fiction. And we do mean lots. You’ll be amazed how much we’re delivering for our low prices.
What’s In It For Authors?
- High royalty rates. At least 50% (our target is 75%!) of all Lyonesse revenue will go straight to authors.
- Connecting with your audience. Our model pulls your story out of the crowd so that readers can find it, read it, and love it.
- Promotion of your other works. And it won’t get lost in the noise – Lyonesse is not supported by advertising revenue.
There’s still time to contribute! We’ve gotten some really fantastic stories over the summer, but we need more – lots more! In case you missed it, here are our Lyonesse submission guidelines:
- Science fiction or fantasy short stories of roughly 3,000 to 20,000 words.
- Previously unpublished works.
- There is no theme – topics are wide open.
- This project is not specifically superversive. However, superversive stories are preferred.
- The payment model for this project is royalty based. However, the model is somewhat unique. Details will be provided upon acceptance of stories. We expect this project to be able to at least provide payment comparable to old school short-fiction magazines (ie, within the range of $0.03 to $0.05 per word). In fact, we think it will eventually do considerably better than that. However, this is an experimental project and this is not guaranteed.
- Stories that are part of a larger world or series that you’re developing are perfectly fine – even if previous or later stories are not published through us.
- Authors whose stories are accepted will also have opportunities to advertise previous, current, or up and coming works as part of this project.
- Submissions should be in Word format (doc or docx is fine).
- At this time we’re ONLY looking for submissions for this particular project – but we will be opening up for more in the very near future.
- E-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And one extra requirement that didn’t make the first list: please specify that your submission is for Lyonesse!
Lyonesse is coming and it’s going to be awesome. Tell your friends about it!
- Lyonesse Open Submissions – Holiday Stories!
- Silver Empire Open Submissions
- Project Lyonesse – Making Short Fiction Great Again
- Silver Empire Submissions Update
- Superversive Superheroes – Submissions Still Open!