Silver Empire Opens Submissions On Urban Fantasy Novels
As I’ve mentioned before, Silver Empire will be cranking up the production pipelines hard in 2018. Earlier this week I announced that we’re bringing on author Christopher Lansdown. Back in December I announced that we’re republishing Declan Finn’s urban fantasy Love at First Bite series – and that we have another, entirely original, urban fantasy series in the work from Mr. Finn that’s already making rapid progress.
Today I’d like to announce that Silver Empire is opening submissions wide for Urban Fantasy novels. Our submission requirements are loose, but we do have some guidelines:
- Minimum word count is 50,000 words. 60,000+ is preferable.
- Maximum word count is 120,000 words but 90,000 or below is preferable.
- While we will consider one-off novels, series with at least 5 books planned get a strong preference and will get priority. Bonus points if you’ve already written more than one book in the series. But please only send us the first book until/unless we ask for more.
- Although we will consider books targeted at women and/or with female protagonists, we are primarily focused at the moment on series with male leads aimed at men.
- “Supernatural thrillers” are perfectly acceptable.
- While we do plan to expand into the genre in the future, we are NOT accepting submissions for Paranormal Romance at this time. The genres (and reader expectations) are distinct, and for now we want to stay firmly on the UF/ST side. If your book is on the borderline we might consider it, but only if it’s clearly on the UF/ST side of the line.
- Manuscripts should be in Microsoft Word format (either DOC or DOCX is fine). We’re not overly worried about fonts, formatting, or a lot of “standard manuscript” BS. But make sure it’s legible. If we can’t read it, we won’t bother. Also, make sure the document has you’re name and contact info in it.
- Submissions should be e-mailed to email@example.com
- It will probably be at least 30 days before you hear back from us, but please give us at least 90 before you ask us for status.
And if you’re excited about this development, stick around. We’ve got another major project in the works for 2018. I can’t talk about that one just yet… but maybe I can drop a tiny hint.