Does Ted Cruz Have Asperger’s?
I’m starting to suspect that Cruz is a high functioning sociopath. https://t.co/EKs1yaHC3s
— Locutor (@Elocutioner) April 12, 2016
Locutor is hardly the first person I’ve heard posit this theory. My coworker in the cube next to me at work insists the same thing. I have an alternate theory: I think Ted Cruz has Asperger’s Syndrome – or, as they call it these days, High Functioning Autism.
- Ted Cruz’s body language always seems just a little off. It doesn’t fit quite right and people don’t know what to make of it.
- Cruz has almost negative natural charisma.
- Everything Cruz does comes across as calculated rather than genuine – as if he had to learn how to interact with people.
- Every now and then Cruz spectacularly miscalculates how his actions come across, getting it so wrong that everyone is left scratching their heads.
- Like him or hate him, judged by raw IQ he’s quite probably the smartest of the candidates who ran this year.
- He’s well known (and massively disliked) for his lack of social skills.
Can I make the claim definitively? No. It would require an interview with a trained psychologist for a definitive diagnosis. But I’ve been fairly convinced for a while.