Well, we finally managed to comb through all of the submissions. We finalized our list and culled it down to “only” 34 stories. And now I’m thrilled to tell you all that not only is Secret Stairs – A Tribute to Urban Legend now available, but it’s also the #1 New Release in horror anthologies!
You mustn’t talk about the stairs.
There they stand, surrounded by nothing but forest, pristine as the day they were built. No sign remains of any other structure around them, no ruins of long forgotten buildings. They look… wrong. They feel wrong. Bad things happen if you get too close. Horrible things.
You must never, ever ever talk about them.
Thirty-four of today’s best up and coming writers provide wonderfully unique interpretations inspired by the urban legends of the Internet age. Tales range from science fiction to fantasy, horror to mystery, and one writer even penned a romance!
But you must never tell anyone about the stairs!
Containing the stories:
- Nothing Ever Happens Here by Richard Paolinelli
- Star Thistle by J. Comer
- Let Him In by Josh Dygert
- A New Trail Off Of Old King?s Highway by Michael Reyes
- The Strange Stairs at the Aldebourne Estate by Kristen Brand
- Exclusive Scoop by J. Trevor Robinson
- The Flash-Back Stairs: A Story of Betrayal by Patrick T. Luce
- The Peacock House by Matthew Pegg
- Where The Wood Thrush Sings by NB Williams
- The Refuge by Dawn Witzke
- Upon The Stair by Daniel Humphreys
- Grand Staircase to the Yellow Court by R.C. Mulhare
- Another Dead Man?s Curve by Chris Ingram
- Game Warden by Russell Newquist
- Stepping Stones by Jarrett Mazza
- Reap Dance by James G. Hancock
- Descending Stairs, 1699 by Meghan Casey
- Where Angels Fear to Tread by Michelle Mellon
- Sobek’s Staircase by Jeremy Megargee
- The Curses We Carry by Russell Mahon
- Stranger?s Wood by J.S. Arroyo
- Stairway Back to Jonathan?s Farm by Dan Allen
- The Thirteenth Step by MJ Mars
- Cajun Ray by S.D. McPhail
- W/M by Isobel Horsburgh
- The Sentinel by Richard W. Watts
- Sleep, Child by A.G. Lopes
- The Lost Ones by Karen Thrower
- Ready For Seven More by Christopher Lansdown
- Fire and Pine by Bethany C. Gotschall
- Stairway to? Where? by William Lehman
- The Dead Always by Darren Todd
- Missing Persons by Jonathan Bronico
- Cedar Road by Mocha Pennington